..how’s that for a title! 😀 now if only the chrysler was a bit taller, this’ll look like those AT&T “bars” advertisement, but the signal’s going down instead of up.. hmm..
..a reflection of this thingy over here..
We went out for lunch and bypassed the usual route we normally take to “forage” for food. We ended up farther than usual and had a leisurely – albeit freezing – walk back to the office. Overshadowed by Trump World Tower, here’s a unique structure called 100 United Nations Plaza Tower. Info from Emporis
– This black and brown-clad building rises vertically to the upper floors, where its north and south facades taper shaply to form a top wedge.
– To break away even further from the customary, there are balconies protruding as horizontal “ribs”, going around the corners of the building — also on the lower portion of the tapering top — as well as bulging from the mid-facade.
– On the east side of the building, there is a lush plaza with a fountain.
– Entrance to 100 United Nations Plaza is through a garden plaza dramatically landscaped with handsome fountains.
– Very prominent on the East Side skyline in Midtown until overshadowed by Trump World Tower, completed in 2001.